If you are an adult, chances (69% chances according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) are you will need a dental implant at some point in your life, due to injury, decay or gum disease.
As a patient you must be aware of costs, treatment length and other details, it helps to have a little guide, from Dr. Ordonez: Five questions to ask your dentist about dental implants.
The great news is, dental implants not only can improve your quality of life, they also have many advantages:
- Improved fit and comfort. Since dental implants are a part of you, they feel and function like your real teeth.
- Better oral health. Dental implants don’t require altering or reducing your other teeth. By leaving more of your teeth intact, you’ll have improved oral health in the long run. Implants also provide easier access in between your teeth, allowing for better oral hygiene.
- Improved functionality. Because dental implants function like your own teeth, they won’t slip within your mouth and cause you to slur your words. You’ll also be able to eat all your favorite foods with comfort and confidence.
- Improved Facial and Bone Structure. Once the implant fuses with your jawbone, it will help preserve the bone and prevent long-term deterioration. This can help your jaw maintain its natural shape and structure throughout your life.
- Durability. Since dental implants are made from titanium alloy, they’re extremely durable. With proper care, most implants last a lifetime
- More self-confidence. Dental implants can give you back the smile you had before your tooth loss.
Your trusted partner in dental care:
At South Miami Family Dental, we believe that everyone deserves to smile with confidence. Our expert dentists and staff keep you comfortable, relaxed and informed at each stage of the dental implant process, delivering the results you want. For more information on implants and other services we provide, give us a call today: (305) 351-9383
By Alvaro Ordonez, DDS
February 20, 2020